Posted by: ME | 2009/05/21


Can you pls recommend the best product that I can use to reduce the appreance of scars on my body..I had a pimple that became a sore that left a ugly brown mark...just need sumthing to make it lighter or take it away..

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Me, thank you for the question.

From your description (‘brown mark’) it seems that the pimple has left a pigmented mark rather than a scar. My suggestion is to try NeoStrata’s Pigment Lightening Gel & the Brightening Cream SPF 15. If it is a scar the treatment is dependent on the depth and type of scar, but as a general rule mild scarring can respond to glycolic acid peels, medium to deep scarring will need laser skin rejuvenation.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.