Question
Posted by: Matt | 2006/04/07

morpholoy percentage 50%

I have been for a sperm test and my sperm count is normal however my morphology count is 8, or I have a 50% chance of making my wife pregnant(according to the lab). Is there any way of increasing this count and can you give me a more or less cost.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance

Dear Matt

There are many reasons why your morphology may be as low as 8%, these include endocrine problems, smoking alcohol, local testicular problems and infection. There is no once off medication that I could recommend to increase your sperm morphology. I suggest you visit a fertility centre or a urologist to ascertain if a cause can be found for your low morphology count. If a cause can be found and rectified it may improve your morphology. If not, then you may require assisted reproductive techniques such as intra-uterine insemination. Which would increase the chances of your wife falling pregnant.

1
Posted by: leanne | 2006/04/10

My husband's been having similar probs- normal count but v. low morphology. We started taking zinc and selenium, then Medfem recommended Stamingro (4tabs daily), a supplement that has both those + lots of other stuff to stimulate growth hormone. His count over 5mth has steadily increased and is now at 14% amd almost normal. Have you had your CMA3 tested? We had that done recently and apparantly its a much more accurate marker than morphology for fertility.

Reply to leanne