Question
Posted by: Jacqui | 2008/05/21

Morphine side effects

My mother is in a 're current' phase of small cell/oat cell lung cancer. She is receiving chemotheraphy and is currently hospitalised. She is also receiving regular doses of orally administered morphine and is experiencing side effects ranging from extreme dry mouth, swelling of the tongue, itchiness, difficulty in urinating, hallucinations and other. Is there a drug availalbe which relieves some of these symptoms. I have read about drug callled MNTX but cannot find much local information.
Any input and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Best would be to discuss this with your moms oncologist. Best of luck!