Question

Morphine Overdose

My brother overdosed on Morphine and I would like to know how long the recovery period is. (He went to a gov hospital and they did not advise of any after care - what he can and can't do over the next few weeks). He took a sever dose with alcohol as an "experimental" thing with friends (so this is a once off). Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Dear Anon
It can take a few days to recover - he probably won't have any side effects except light headedness, constipation, nausea etc so should rather not drive a car etc until he feels up to it.
See this article ( written for cancer patients) http://www.drugs.com/morphine.html