Question
Posted by: Ann | 2010/08/10

Mornings

Hi doc, I find that in the morning when I get up, my hands and fingers are swolen, I must admit that during the night I do take sips of water maybe once or twice, do you think this has anything to do with the swelling? O yes, is it unhealthy to drink water during the night or must one rather try to dink liq. only during the day?

Have a great day.

Dear Ann
I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to see if you suffer from any condition that leads to swelling of the hands (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome) or water retention (kidney problems, hormone imbalances). Having a few sips of water at night should not make your hands swell and is a harmless practice.
So please see your dr to make sure that you don't have an underlying problem.

1

Dear Ann