Question
Posted by: elmarie | 2005/11/27

morning swelling of hands feet face $ headache

My B/P right now is 105/60. That is what is it normally. I have been up about an hour already this morning. I am very swollen in the face, hands & feet. I have a headache as well, my vision is rather blurry too. My question is...I am on a diuretic...is this a sign that the diuretic is not working for me?
I am not on a medical aid, so not easy to just pop off to a local doc, i'd have to sit for hours waiting at government hospital to see a doc...really would like to know if it is something i should have looked into. I suffer with dizzy spells $ headaches on a daily basis, had scans, dopplers and blood tests...only problem that was found was that my red blood cells were rather high....given folic and iron tablets to take.

Elmarie, it might be due to heart problems, blood pressure problems, kidney problems, liver problems, anaemia, etc. The best would be to see a doctor and make sure that there isn’t a serious underlying problem. Good luck.