Question
Posted by: RDK | 2004/11/10

MORNING SICKNESS REAL BAD

Yep, It has finally gotten hold of me. Started over this past weekend and although I got Asic from the chemist yesterday, I still feel really awful right now. Any suggestions as to what I can do to alleviate the nausea and vomiting? I cant handle the smell of air-freshener, food, perfume and deodrant amongst other things. Also, yesterday another pregnant lady told me that she doesnt take anything for her morning sickness cos she read somewhere that it could cause foetal abnormalities. Anyone heard something similar. She also said that these pregnancy vitamins we take could be causing the nausea. Please comment.

If you have nausea but no vomiting, I would suggest that you hold off with medication. Try eating dry toast first thing in the morning, avoid spicy and fatty foods and eat small frequent meals rather than large ones. The iron in vitamin tablets can exacerbate the nausea.
Antiemetics can be used though it is sometime sonly found many years later that they may have bad effects on th fetus, hence it is better to avoid all medication in the first 12 weeks if possible.

7
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/11/10

The vitamin tablets can add to your nausea... don't take them in the morning, rather take them at bed time. That will help a lot.

Good luck.

Reply to Nuffing
Posted by: Norma | 2004/11/10

Sorry to hear that the big "M" got hold of you...

Try to eat a dry biscuit before you even lift your head from bed. Lots of water and ginger...

good luck

Reply to Norma
Posted by: RDK | 2004/11/10

Hi JJ
My scan last Wednesday showed 5wks3dys so that would make me about 6wks3 dys today. I'll be going for another scan next Wednesday and by then I should be almost 8 wks. Thanks to all the suggestions.

Reply to RDK
Posted by: Jj@ | 2004/11/10

Also try vomifene available for nasuea at pahrmacies. After 12 weeks the morning sickness sgould subside. Good Luck

Reply to Jj@
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/11/10

Sorry can't help you there, they say that you should eat dry biscuts, like provita/marie biscuts. It helps for me.

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: cruz | 2004/11/10

Try things like:
Pro Vitas
Maries
Toast and Marmite
Fruit (Apples)
Backed potatoes
Ginger Biscuits
Ginger Ale
Sodar Water
My doc suggested ESSENTIAL.
Cream Crackers
Citra Soda (Gaviscon was starting to make me feel sick)

Not all of these worked for me, but one thing I can promise is that it will get better. I am now 18 weeks and it is starting to improve, but I must stay a way from spicy food.

Try nibbling on smalling things often.

You have my greatest sympathies.

Reply to cruz
Posted by: JJ | 2004/11/10

Sorry can't help just wanted to know how many weeks you are.

Hope things get better for you.

Reply to JJ