Question
Posted by: Bokang | 2006/04/19

Morning sickness

I am 10 weeks pregnant and the morning sickness seems to be getting worse. Most of the time I vomit lots of salaiva and lately there is a bit of blood. This is my first pregnancy and I must say I am not enjoying it because of the vomiting. Sometimrs I drink water and minutes later I vomit. My doctor said I must drink Emex, at first it worked but lately I vomit even after drinking it. Pls help

The good news is that it usually stops around 14 weeks. If you are unable to keep anything down, you could get dehydrated and you should see your doctor to check this. Also the blood should be checked out.

1
Posted by: sue | 2006/04/19

Vomiting up blood does not sound good - you need to contact your gynae to have this checked.
Some women suffer morning sickness throughout their pregnancy, but for most it abates around 3 months (anywhere after 12 - 15 weeks)

Reply to sue