Question
Posted by: Kimmi | 2007/04/12

Morning nausea

Im 19 years old and for the past month and a bit have been experiencing nausea a lot, at worst in the mornings, just afer breakfast at about 7am. I dont feel nausea over the weekend when i wake up later at about 9. I am not pregnant as I have had my period twice since this has started. I eat breakfast everyday (different cereals) and eat a balanced diet and take mutlivitamins. I dont drink alcohol much and only water and occasionally tea of friut juice.
I get nauseous sometimes before I go in the car or after, so it cant be that. Im not under huge stress either.
What could be causing this?
Could i have suddenly developed an allergy or resistance to bran/oats or something in cereals?

Thanks, in advance, for your help

Dear Kimmi
It is sometimes caused by some of the vitamins - do you take any in the mornings? It can also be caused by the contraceptive pill?

1
Posted by: Lou | 2007/04/12

Highly unlikely from the cereal. It could be connected to motion sickness, but this would only happen whilst in or just after driving in a car. You can be pregnant and still get your periods if they are not as heavy as usual (more like light/spot bleeding). Suggest you get a home pregnancy test if you are or have been sexually active - to rule it out.

Reply to Lou