Posted by: Kelly | 2008/07/18

Morning exercises and nausea

I really want to change my routine and exercise first thing in the morning, because in the evenings I just don' t have the energy to do it, so up to now I' ve never done any real exercising.

My problem is that I' ve always had low blood sugar, and no matter what exercises I do in the morning I get nausious. I know this is because I haven' t eaten anything yet, but i don' t want to exercise on a stomach full of breakfast. Is there anything light I could take before exercising that would raise my blood sugar.

Hi Kelly

Fruit is a good bet, though some people are affected by the fibre which can cause some stomach problems. So try some fruits, bananas are popular, apples might work also.

Perhaps you might try a half a glass of orange juice about 15 mintues before you start training (or any other juice for that matter), and then during the session, have a bottle on hand filled with juice (or a sports drink like Powerade) that you can sip from every 5 to 10 minutes. As long as you are consistent and replace energy often, you should be fine.

Posted by: early bird | 2008/07/23

proteinshake, half an hour before gym

Reply to early bird
Posted by: Anonym | 2008/07/19

Fruit juice ought to raise it.

Reply to Anonym