Question
Posted by: Anynomous | 2004/11/15

morning after pills

Hi Doc!

I have a small problem. I had sex yesterday and I have a feelling that something happened to the condom so I am scared that I might become pregnant. I have not taken the morning after pill yet. What would happen if I took it like approximately 20 hours later?

You have 72 hours to take it, but rather get going and do it, before it is to late. It is actually called emergency contracpetives, else we should call it trhe morning after the morning after the next morning pill - 3 days later.

1
Posted by: S | 2004/11/15

The morning after pill can be taken up to 72hours after intercourse. But it is recommended to take it within 48hours. Be more careful in future. The morning after pill is not a contraception to be used in place of condoms or the Pill etc, and does not protect against STD's. If this was a one night stand, get yourself checked at a clinic for STD's such as clamidyia, becasue these are silent diseases that can have devastating effects.

Reply to S