Question

Morning After

Dear Gynae Doc,

I have not been on a contraceptive in over 4 years, if my partner does have an accident I use Norlevo Morning After Pill. I have used it over the past 4 months once or twice a month which I dont think is doing my body any good. When I take the morning after (Norlevo) I bleed a week later, I used Norlevo a week ago and would like to know whether I can start my Pill (Triphasil) with the short bleeding I have this week from the morning after or should I wait a month for my proper periods? Does the morning after affect the pill in any way? I dont want to fall pregnant and how long do I wait before having sex?
Thank you.

You can start Triphasil with the bleed you have had. You have to take 7 active pills before you are protected. the morning after pill does not affect Triphasil, but you may have more side effects because you will have taken a lot of hormones close together.

1
Posted by: Lou | 2006/10/31

The morning after pill is NOT a contraceptive, and creates havoc with your hormones. You should not be using it so often and should rather go onto the pill or loop etc if you dont wish to fall pregnant.

Reply to Lou