Question
Posted by: Jack Horner | 2008/07/17

Mormons Exposed

Here' s a sweetner to end a rather tiresome week on Health24, check out mormons exposed, wow, i' d convert anyday.....

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi again Jack Horner, good to know you're still with us and as you know your posts are always welcome.

Maybe this is an opportune time to remind ourselves that we're a queer forum and that we need to stick to our knitting-pattern, as opposed to trying to invoke others. One thing we're certainly not is a religious forum and I suspect this post could insult some people. A suggestion: let's all stay with gay and lesbian issues and stop teasing the straights?

6
Posted by: Adri | 2008/07/18

FROM MAMBA:

The creator of a calendar that features hunky male Mormon missionaries has been excommunicated by his church.

Chad Hardy' s ' Men on a Mission'  calendar, with shirtless photos of missionaries, has reportedly sold almost 10 000 copies since its launch.

According to the calendar' s website, " The 2008 Men on a Mission calendar features twelve handsome returned Mormon missionaries from across the United States who, for the first time ever, have dared to pose bare-chested in a steamy national calendar." 

Hardy was excommunicated by leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Sunday in Las Vegas.

He remains unrepentant, telling The Associated Press that " I felt like I spoke my truth... Bottom-line, they still felt the calendar is inappropriate and not the image that the church wants to have." 

" The project is about stepping outside the stereotypes and stepping outside of the image,"  Hardy added.

None of the model missionaries have been punished by the Church for appearing in the calendar, which also includes the men in their traditional missionary wardrobe and their comments about their faith.

The website claims that " The Men on a Mission calendar will benefit a variety of worthy causes. Each of the twelve missionaries will have the opportunity to donate a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the calendar to a cause in the area he served." 

The calendar remains on sale on the website, which further states that " Mormons Exposed is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." 

Reply to Adri
Posted by: Jack Horner | 2008/07/18

sorry guys, i obviously didn' t explain myself clearly enough, my post has nothing to do with religion and i would never post anything to hurt or offend anyone, Mormons Exposed is simply a calender that has been launched in the states with hunky mormon boys as the pin ups, perhaps i should have had " shirtless hunky farm boys "  in my subject line.......then i wouldn' t have caused a storm in a tea cup....if you re-read my post, the only reference to religion is the word mormon?? go figure... i was only trying to end the week off on a higher note than it has been all week. I would hardly post a hurtful comment here after my message to Jonathan. after reading what i have just written it is clear how wars &  fights are started......peace......happy birthday Madiba

Reply to Jack Horner
Posted by: AT LAST | 2008/07/17

Thank you dear Mister Expert! WHY are we going into religion here, when there' s NO need to do so? THAT is EXACTLY what straights do to us, they quote the Bible, and then we' re all suddenly gob-smacked.

Reply to AT LAST
Posted by: Neil | 2008/07/17

thanks Jack H!

Reply to Neil
Posted by: Jack Horner | 2008/07/17

w w w dot mormonsexposed dot com

Reply to Jack Horner
Posted by: Neil | 2008/07/17

Where did you see this Jack?

Reply to Neil