Question
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/28

More than "happy" .........

Thanks so much for your response to my "swinging from the chandeliers!".... I have just this moment made an appointment to see a shrink.... The wonderful man in my life, who hasn't yet been a witness to any of my highs or lows.... has noticed the change... so it's definitely time for me to seek help.... damn... i feel so good though.... drank a little too much over the weekend as well..... think I went a bit overboard with flirting and such... fortunately my partner really understands me and is self assured... so he didn't take my behaviour personally....he knows how much I adore him!

It really helps have good people in your life when you battle with bipolar..... just one of the many things I am extremely grateful for!

Thanks for your encouragement!

Actually, you've reminded me of another good criterion I usually recommend --- if your nearest and dearest notices you're diferent from your usual average mood variations, that's probably significant. What an excelltn partner you have ! Good idea to see the shrink, and see what he recommends based on what he finds. The right meds might produce a gentle let down, without spoiling all the sense of fun. And it saves on chandelier repair bills !