Question
Posted by: sleepy | 2003/02/20

more sleepy after exercise

Every time I start an exercise program wether it be aerobics or just taking a walk I get excessively tired. So tired that I can't do my regular functions,like taking care of my children. As soon as I stop I get my energy back,which is much to start with anyway. I am very out of shape,but when I was a teenager and I was thin I had the same problem. Which means that I always stop exercising and can never get enter the shape I want to be in. Please Help!!!

Chalfont,PA USA

Hi Sleepy

I think you need to get the problem investigated by your doctor, since it is denying you an incredible number of health benefits and is placing you at risk for heart disease, depression and a host of other exercises. Inactivity is not healthy - so please give this issue the attention it deserves.

I hope that things work out.
Also consider looking at your diet to ensure you are eating adequate quantities of energy-providing carbohydrates.