Question
Posted by: anxious | 2008/06/01

MORE QUESTIONS

Doc

Regarding my previous posting to you about my constipation, a couple of other things. My gynae seemed to specifically mention that at the time I was there (Wed last week - 28/5) there was no point in using Fybogel at that stage as it would make matters worse. What is the difference between Movicol and Fybogel? He recommended that only once I had normal bowel movements returning should I return to taking Fybogel. I have read constantly that it is difficult for gp's to be specific about individual patient's normal bowel movements, i.e. one can have 1 a day being normal, someone else can have 1 every 2 - 3 days etc. Isnt it relevant that if one already has pre-existing conditions such as I have, i.e. IBS and ongoing constipation that I should have at least 1 bowel movement daily, which is what I have always had? I started the Movicol Wed mid-am (I had 3 Wed) and have kept taking it 3x day since - since Wed I have only had 1 bowel movement Fri am and 2 yest am? I am not convinced this is back to being normal bowel movement for me yet? Am I right? I finish the box Tues am this coming week. How do I know if this is taking longer to come right than it should, (does that matter?) or do I just keep taking the Movicol until it seems to be coming right? I have had no bowel movements today (Sun) at all. I am just saying its not "normal" for me to have it only every 2-3 days. I have already had 2 Movicol today - total 14 so far. I used another Dulcolax suppository yest after speaking to my gp and my stomach did work but then nothing happened after that. I havent used any more since. Is it slowly coming right?

Thanks again for help.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

According to me, Movicol and Fybogel are the same but it is possible that your system got used to the Fybogel and therefore, it is no longer that effective. So I recommend that you continue using the Movicol until you have a bowel movement every day (ask your GP for another prescription), before taking the Fybogel again.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: Sherry | 2008/07/09

Can a fissure(internally) be lasered?

Reply to Sherry
Posted by: Debbie | 2008/06/03

You should try use Oat Bran. It is highly recommended by Dieticians. You buy it at P&P kept with the cereals. Please note not normal Bran but Oat bran. Add it to your food or yoghurt. Just keep on having it every day and i guarentee you you will no longer have a problem. I use it in all my cooking as it also lowers the GI of food.

Reply to Debbie