Question
Posted by: Visitor | 2008/06/04

more on the denial topic...

tx for the great reply CS - with regards to the mom reporting her children in the UK I must be honest as a mother myself I dont know if I would have the courage to do that even if i could own up to the fact that my children are not as innocent as i thought. many years ago my mother in law discovered dagga in my BIL bedroom and called in the flying squad!!!
as for the women marrying criminals I have read stories like that and really wonder what it is all about - is it not important for those ladies to feel needed or to be a "saviour" of sorts...perhaps they enjoy the limelight a little?? one wonders..

It took a rather remarkable mother --- but, I suppose, one who faced the fact that boys in their 20's ( whether hers or not ) who could beat an innocent stranger so seriously, were out of control and beyond her ability to control, and needed to learn that such behaviour was unacceptable. Isn't a major contributor to SA's lawlessness, that so many people assume they have impunity and will get away with doing what they like ? Isn't one of the purposes of discipline in one's kids, not so much instilling good table manners, or whatever, but teaching that all behaviour has consequences, and when one's behaviour affects others, the consequences might not be what one enjoys.
As for the Marry Me a Murderer group, it may indeed provide a sense of importance to an otherwise drab life --- and if he's a lifer gives you a husband who's not in a position to make any demands on you ; and often it's someone in the USA facing execution, so one can go from virgin to widow in sapid succession. We're an odd species, aren't we ?