Question
Posted by: Crusader | 2007/12/12

More info post #1577

Hi agian CS

Thanks for your reply.

My dad has never seen a shrink before. I contacted one that knows the family and also gave info to our GP who sees my dad from time to time.

He is in his eigthies with a wife and four children and grandchildren. My mother cant take it anymore for fear of gossip and wants to move out. Im stuck with who I choose to side with, as I rent from them, because I dont drive as a result of a car accident. I know my dad needs support in the meantime and not abbondoment but at the same time dont want to be seen by the rest of the family as choosing his side.

Sorry to hear of this difficult situation for you, Crusader. Another aspect of the propblems is that once we're in our 60's, let alone 80's, we become rigid and resistant to change and suggestions, and very hard to work with. And its truly difficult when families and friends see your best attempts at helping both of the people who are important to you, as "taking sides". Good luck