Question
Posted by: C-Max | 2007/08/01

More death facts for those consedering.

What can I say shrinky. Death is fascinating! So kill me! Hehe.

A collection of interesting and bizarre trivia about death, murder and related topics.

Men successfully commit suicide three times more frequently than women do. But women attempt suicide two to three times more often than men.

More people are killed annually by donkeys than die in air crashes.

Lightning strikes about 6,000 times per minute on this planet! Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women!

Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!

The ashes of the average cremated person weigh nine pounds.

The poison-arrow frog has enough poison to kill about 2,200 people!

A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans!

Over 2500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people!

Taphephobia is the fear of being buried alive!

The electric chair was invented by a dentist!

A -|- roach can live several weeks with its head cut off - it dies from starvation!

Over 10,000 birds a year die from smashing into windows!

In Natoma, Kansas, it's illegal to throw knives at men wearing striped suits.

A murder is committed in the US every 23 minutes, which makes about 22852 murders each year. Every year 23400 people in the US are arrested on murder charges.

About 60 percent of big city murders are solved whereas about 75 percent or rural murders are solved.

Statistics released in 1996 show that Americans are murdering each other a lot less. However shootings and violent crimes are on the rise. How can these conflicting facts be explained? Well, more people are being shot more often than ever but today's high tech trauma centres are bringing them back to life. It's not that Americans are killing each other less but that medical advances are making it harder to keep them dead.

Top Ten Most Common Causes of Death in the United States
1. Heart Disease
2. Cancers
3. Cerebrovascular Diseases
4. Pulmonary Diseases
5. Accidents
6. Pneumonia & Influenza
7. Diabetes
8. HIV (AIDS)
9. Suicide
10. Homicide & Legal Intervention (police shootouts)

The murder capital of the world is Colombia where the murder rate is ten times higher than that in the united states. Less than 2% of the murders there are ever investigated and less than 2% of those that are investigated are ever solved. (Will go there when the urge strikes. Thank you.)

Wel, I do avoid donkeys more than I avoid flights ; and I try to always wear striped suits in Kansas. But then the tornados get you

1
Posted by: Gotz | 2007/08/01

haha ... more more

Reply to Gotz