Posted by: pam | 2011/01/28

morbidly obesed

pls assist me very desperate for help, i am the middle sister of 3 i was allways the overweight sister and during my life was allways reminded that i am the fatter of the 2 i used to laugh about the comments made and allways joke about my weight but deep inside i would hurt so bad and would cry myself to sleep ,i am 43 yrs old and 1.16cm my weight is 115kg i have been on various diets including weighless, herbal life products,ciplatrim, gym,dietitions advice but can never stick to anything, i have severe varicous veins and pains in my legs and feet , i cnnot afford biatric surgery and my medical aid does not pay for such and operation they say it is cosmetic.
pls help me i very desperate with tears in my eyes i need help
pls regards

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Pam,
I sounds that you are in a very desperate space and have struggled for many years with your weight and the prejudice that comes with it. I assume your height to me 1.61m which, with a weight of 115 kilograms, does place you within the morbidly obese category qualifying you for bariatric surgery. You have tried many diets and attempted to follow dietetic advice - all to no sustained effect. I cannot stress how important it is for you to still persevere in your attempts to eat in a healthy way. You also need to be eating healthily if you are to qualify for bariatric surgery. In that regards, you need to consider motivating to your medical aid for cover for such a procedure, despite their initial refusal. Please contact Sr. Gill Gibson at the Chrysalis Clinic in that regard at (021) 674 3309. She will advise you and let you know what you can do.Please let me kn0w if you would like any other referrals fopr someone in your area. Furthermore, it might be a good iddea for you to see a G.P. soon, as some of your symptoms you described might need to be explored.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: I Poley {Ina} | 2011/02/14

pls HELP i''m so in need for something that works.

Reply to I Poley {Ina}

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.