Question
Posted by: Nita | 2004/01/13

Moods swings after leaving pill

I went off the pill in October 2003. I have in the last month experienced very aggresive emotions and fly off the handle for the smallest thing. . I am and have never been like this, it is simply not in my nature, The area around my left nipple also stays sort of sore but not overly sensitive. Do you think I need to go and see my Gynae again, I was there in Aug 03 and had a cyst which was gone again at end Sept 03. Could the moods be because I'm off the pill or could I perhaps be pregnant. It's quite a distressing situation for me and I would feel and handle the situation better if I could understand what's going on in me. Thanks for your time regards Nita

The Pill tends to relieve the symptoms of PMS. This may be what you are expereincing now that you are off the Pill. Try and see whether the mood changes are related to your cycle. Unless you have missed a period, it is unlikely that you ae pregnant.