Posted by: concerned | 2006/10/27

mood swings/negative vibe of husband

My husband has mood swings, negative thoughts and actions, is miserable for no apparent reasons, won't talk or discuss with me.
Has been like this on and off since i've known him. went completely crazy shortly after we met, he blamed the alcohol he has consumed (which wasn't much by the way), then all okay, but now lately very mood, silent, negative input/ thoughts, don't know what to do?? I have even found him talking to himself, having a full on conversation and getting annoyed if application during the conversation, as if he is actually talking to someone else!! I am scared, any reason for my concern?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Its very distressing, isn't it, when someone you care about is obviously unwell and/or troubled, but won't talk about it or seek help on their own initiative ? Some people have peculiar reactions to alcohol, even in rather small amounts. Its hard, from this distance, to know how concerned you ought to be, but obviously this doesn't sound like a happy man, and he would benefit, if he could be so persuaded, from seeing a shrink for a proper assessment and a discussion of reatment suggestions.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Momof3 | 2006/10/28

Hi concerned.It is very difficult when you see somebody you love behaving in this way.At the moment all you can do is be there and try and reasure him,love him and try and understand.You can ask him how he feels and if there is anything you can do.Ask him calmly to see a doctor.Say you have asked cybershrink for advise and that he thinks you should persuade him to go to CBT conselling/a shrink for an assesment and they could perhaps give him medication and he could become much better.

It is sometimes difficult for to take that first step but he might eventually say ok make the appointment for me ok will you phone for me.But until that time it might be difficult.they have to want help or treatment,some people cant see that they need it though.But hang in there and ask him anyway.

Reply to Momof3

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.