Question
Posted by: Cath | 2003/02/17

Mood Swings

Hi DietDoc

What is the reason for experiencing mood swings after a meal? I would also like to know why some people experience loss of concentration and sweats after eating a meal.

Cath

Dear Cath
The mood swings are probably due to changes in the serotonin levels in the brain. Eating a carbohydrate or protein-rich meal will increase the serotonin levels and make you feel less depressed. The other symptoms are more likely due to changes in blood sugar levels and could be indicative of diabetes or hypoglycaemia - have these checked out by your doctor.

1
Posted by: Cath | 2003/02/19

Thank-you. I have been concerned about hypoglycemia for a while now. Will make an appointment to see my GP.

Thank-you so much for your advice. This forum is really helpful!

Reply to Cath