Question
Posted by: sadgirl | 2007/05/15

MONTH LONG YEAST INFECTION! HELP

I'm 22 years old and I have had the never ending yeast infection...it started out about 2 months ago...I had one and after a diflucan pill, a gynazol insert, and 3 teraconazole suppositories it seemed to have gone away....then about a month later...its back. Now the discomfort is mostly external...all I can feel is external pinching and sensitivity...with a little bit of itching. My doctor prescribed me 3 diflucan pills to take every day for 3 days...and i felt much better...but not better...so I went back and my doctor gave me a monistat day or nite 1 pill pack along with a 14-day boric acid suppository prescription....I didn't wanna wait another 14 days so first i tried the one day suppository....still lots of discomfort...and no relief....today i just dropped of the prescription for the boric acid...im really not looking forward to 14 days worth of suppository but i dont know what else to do. I feel like I don't remember what it feels like to feel normal. I haven't had sex with my bf in 2 months and now im scared that with this 14 day suppository i wont be able to swim. Please help me is there anythign else I can try?? And is the boric acid really going to work?? And when for gods sake can I have sex again? :(

-sadgirl

Thrush unfortunately tends to recur. Have a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventing recurrences. You can have sex as long as your boyfriend is treated as well. Dee has also given good advice.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/05/16

I know your pain! What I normally do is when I feel the itch starting I take 2 probiotic tablets (the 9 strain one) and also insert a probiotic vaginal suppository called Culturelle I think (you can get it at dischem). That helps me immensely. Also eat lots of yoghurt, cut out ALL sugar (this is important) and wheat and drink lots of water. You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil to your bath.

I find that sometimes taking all this other medicine can actually be more harm, try the probiotics, you will be amazed!

Reply to Dee