Question
Posted by: Dude | 2008/02/01

monkey boy

ey Doc,

How u keeping these days?

Am ok thanx, my body fat % went up by 2% from the holiday and thats despite the hotel gym being frequented at least once.

Went to see my mate get married, we grew up together and some 20 years later I had the honour of seeing him tie the not in a small homey court room in CT. It was romantic ....

Got meez thinking some and have decided that I am in no way ready for marriage or kids, Y? cause my woman is still a girl until further notice. People find my woman very attractive but I must say that approaching 3 years of being together I cannot say that I consistantly see her beauty anymore, can't remember a time when I did. That being said, it is obvious that ones feelings and impretions may very well have a physical manifestation on what and how we see things. Maybe the girl is a woman and I dont know??

My mate ... am very concerned about him, have noticed anger and rage in him, boiling ... he suppresses his emotions until such time that they explode, guess a few lines of coke here and there dont help much. As happy as he seemed to be I could not help but wonder if his choice to tie the knot was motivated by factors not clearly visible...

I dont know what how to sum up his past experiences but he has been let down in more ways than one, to the extent that his outlook has been influenced and trust is lost... he scared me a bit and I fear very little in this life...

Cheers
Dude

ey Dude-ead,
Sounds like you're noticing the difference between a girl and a woman, and between someone who provides eye-candy for others, and someone whose broad intelligence and personality is rich and complex and worth living with long-term. Have you been giving her opportunities to show whether she is woman-like ?
Drugs like coke ( and of course alcohol ) are talented a releasing negative emotions, without solving the underlying problems. Hope the marriage works out for them. Are you thinking that his accumulated fury over the previous experiences of being badly let down, are in fact making it more likely he will get let down again, or let himself down, and that he has continuing problems trusting ( and maybe with being trustworthy ? ) ?