Question
Posted by: ToB | 2004/09/30

Mona

I concealed the amount by creating a false expense that did not have a receipt ! What would you have done if you did it or found out that one of your staffers did it ?

,,,,,

3
Posted by: Mona | 2004/10/01

Which cost account in the ledger? I know it goes to Balance sheet pettycash, which income statement account did the R600 expense go to?

If you put the full R600 to for example Office Tea, then they will defenately pick you up as you can spend so much more on teas in one month.

If you split it up R156.20 to stationery, R130 for black bags (office maintenance), R150 to postage/stamps, R163.80 to bankcharges, your chances of being picked up is much less.

You can also buy receipt books, make one receipt for the stationery out of there. Black bags you buy at the robot - no receipt. Postage - make something on excel.

I dont do approve of what you've done at all, and i actually feel bad giving you this type of advice.

Reply to Mona
Posted by: ToB | 2004/10/01

R600.00 ..... Over a cuple of months It gets posted to the P/C account in the ledger. As a complete journal

Reply to ToB
Posted by: Mona | 2004/10/01

Well, that could be seen as theft and fraud, wich will mean immediate dismisal.

What amount did you take? Chances that the auditors will pick it up is slim if its a small amount, and what ledger account was it posted to?

Reply to Mona