Question
Posted by: MAGDA | 2008/07/08

MOM'S BATTLE

Dear Doc
In short I need your opinion of where to next with my mom. She's lost so much weight (normally 66kg now 47kg) in 9 months. She has a very healthy appetite, but almost always has to run to the loo after she'd eaten. She lost some weight due to her asthma meds, but never like this. Her GP referred her to a specialist. He said it's due to a gall bladder that was remove more than 34 years ago that she is losing weight at her age. I do not believe this. I've always thought that her problem is in her intestinal tract.
Whom do we go to now?
Magda

Dear Magda
I also think one should not lose so much weight due to a gall bladder operation so many years ago - she may have underlying infection or inflammation in the bowel and at her age one also needs to exclude or look for cancer. When is she seeing the specialist and what kind of specialist is this?
dr Bets

1
Posted by: MAGDA | 2008/07/09

DEAR DOC
MY MOM SAW A SPECIALIST PHYSICIAN FOR HER LUNGS AFTER WHICH HE ALSO SAID SHE ONLY HAS 2 YEARS LEFT TO LIVE DUE TO HER LUNG CAPACITY. HE USED OLD AND OTHER DOCTOR'S REPORTS AND BLOOD TESTS INSTEAD OF CONDUCTING HIS OWN. MY MOM WAS QUITE HAPPY WITH HIM BECAUSE HE WAS QUITE THOROUGH.
MAGDA

Reply to MAGDA