Question
Posted by: adhd/add info seeker | 2003/03/17

mom of add/ adhd child needs info

my daughter, eight years old, has been diagnozed with add / adhd. She uses Risperdal and is less restless but no improvement in attention. I don't want to use Ritalin. American clinical studies show that Phosphatidyl Serine 200-300mg per day optimize cognition together with Omega 3 & 6, Amino acids and B vitamins. I'm struggling to find a local product containing Phophatidyl Serine as the american product is too expensive to order. Where can I find it? Any other info on the subject will also be helpfull.

AIS, as far as I know Ritalin® is still the gold standard in the treatment of ADHD even in the USA. You don’t want to use Ritalin®, but then you don’t mind if your child takes an anti-psychotic drug like Risperdal® that has just as much or maybe even more side effects.
I don’t have all the details and would rather not comment on your specific case, but as a general rule you should make sure you have all the available information and that you have consulted specialists in the field, before you make decisions that may negatively affect your child’s future. My advice would be to get a second opinion from a paediatrician, a child psychiatrist and if needed, a child psychologist. If they all agree that Ritalin® is the best option, think long and hard before you decide not to give it to her. Good luck.

1
Posted by: maria | 2003/03/18

I also have a son who is add/adha..he is only five years old and I have started him on a product called calmolin add made by triomed toghether with omega 3 supplement.I would be very interested to know more about Risperdal and the other products you have mentioned ...could you please let me know were you found your information,as I found mine in a book called The LPC Solution by DR.J Stordy and M. Nicholl.

Maria

Reply to maria