Question
Posted by: adhd/add info seeker | 2003/03/17

mom needs coping skills. daughter, eight years, has add

My daughter, eight years old, (just diagnozed with add/adhd) benefits from Risperdal, she is less restless. I don't want to use Ritalin but apparently the medication she takes now won't improve her main problem, attention deficit. I'm searching for a product containing phosphatidyl serine, which according to american clinical studies, improves cognition. Do you know any local product containing it? The american product is too expensive to order. How can I improve my parenting skills to cope with her behaviour?

Dear aais,
I don't work specifically with ADD, and haven't come across a local product containing phosphatidyl serine. Maybe some of our other readers, some of who have been dealing with ADD in the family, may know of some. Also, try some local support groups for information, advice, and support. You don't mention where you are based, geographically. I understand there is am ADD & Hyperactive Support Group of Southern Africa, reachable on 012-662-2294, fax 012-662-1556, and there seem to be local branches in several other provinces ; and a website www.adhdsupport.org, to explore