Question
Posted by: Tiza | 2007/04/17

Mom called me a "Dog"

Last year I arranged a wedding with my Hubby, and due to financial constraints I had to tell my mom it will be canceled. It was as if I put hot water in her.

He told e I am a "Dog" and I will be poor for the rest of my life coz I m marrying a useless man that dont have money!!

My hubby and I got married with few friends and invited her as well. It was a very strainous ceremony but we got through. I ve ever heard from my family since then. When I phoone them they give me a cold shoulder. When I dont phone, they will never make an attempt of phoning.

I m still trying to figure out what is going on here!! Why my own mother call me a :Dog!!

Sounds like your mom is being rude, uncaring and cruel. Presumably she wanted you to marry someone rich, whether you loved him or not. YOU have done nothing wrong, and absolutely nothing to deserve the rotten way she treated you as a child --- she was probably taking out on you her resentment of your father for leaving her ; while demonstrating why she may have caused him to leave. Set yourself free from her and don't seek her approval --- make your own happy life

5
Posted by: anon3 | 2007/04/17

DNT MIND YOUR MOM SHE IS PROBABLY JEALOUS OF YOU THAT THRU ALL THAT SHE DID TO YOU YOU STILL MADE IT IN LIFE AS LONG AS YOU ARE HAPPY WITH HUBBY ITS ALL THAT MATTERS I MEAN SHE PROBABLY WASNT EVEN GOING TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE WEDDING SHE CAN GO F*ck herself

Reply to anon3
Posted by: Single Mom | 2007/04/17

It is obvious she blamed and still blames you for your father leaving her or is taking all the resentment she "still" has over him out on you.

You said you are married, independenet and are pushing for a relationship with your family(which I sincerely applaud you for) but you can not force them to love you or show you affection no matter how much you can try.

The best you can do is face her head on and tell her how you feel and what you need from her, apologise for all the wrongs you might have done(this is your mother) and how you were and still hurt by the words she said. Tell her you need her to be your mother and you need her support in your marriage, even when she does not think is the "right" one for you(you are her daughter, humble yourself)... God gave you her for a reason.

if after all this she still pushes you away, walk away, yes walk away. "God has a way of reminding us who is boss" someone once said! The peace you make with her will be the very thing that will one day cause her to say sorry to you(hopefully).

Lead your life, God has blessed you tremendously, be happy in your home and do not regret all you have or feel sorry you have it even if it means not sharing it with your family.

Reply to Single Mom
Posted by: honder | 2007/04/17

well if you are a dog then she by reason of deduction she must be a bitch

Reply to honder
Posted by: Tiza | 2007/04/17

I m just wondering if that has nothing to do with my background, coz ever since I was a kid, she used to treat me diffrently from other kids. She got me from a differnt father from the other kids. My father dumped her when she was pregnant with me. When I was as little girl, she used to tell me I am "dom" , I will never make it in life.

By the grace of God, She gave me away to my Aunt to take care of me who paid for my school fees until I finished school. I got bursaries , I managed to go to college, now I m 30 years and independent.

What could I have done wrong to her to deserve this?

Reply to Tiza
Posted by: Q | 2007/04/17

Well, it's obvious that she's the "bitch"...

Reply to Q