Posted by: Distressed | 2008/06/03


Just recently now about 10 years have memories of my past it started with a family friend helping my family out because we lost all our money it gradually advanced to me getting things I really needed by this family member till I was hooked on this lifestyle he started making advances on me threating that he would stop all finances to me and my family I felt like it was all in my hands I was only 13 could not tell my Mom as it was such a confusing malipulating situation I feel so dirty because this man used my innocence for sex and in return family was looked after what can I do to resolve this horrible feeling!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

It is NEVER normal for someone to be abused, totally "forget" about it for years, and then suddenly to remember it, though there are dangerously ignorant books around which preach this mischievous lie. People who are abused ot traumatized are aware of it and remain so --- indeed, they may find the memories intrusive and troubling.
Your message isn't clear --- you seem to be saying that you have only recently had memories of this happening, and don't reveal what your age is.
Anyhow, whatever did or didn't happen, you need to see a shrink for a proper personal assessment, and advice based on the results of that. DO NOT look for a shrink with a special interest in people who may have been abused --- too many of them are riding their own hobby-horses and can do more harm than good. Just any normal, competent shrink near you, can start the process, and help you to deal with what is clearly and unpleasant current situation

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: TP | 2008/06/03

I suggest u tell ur mom abt it!

Reply to TP
Posted by: peppa | 2008/06/03

sweetheart, i strongly suggest that u go and see a proffesional. i cannot for one minute imagine what it was like, or what its doing to u now. pls go and talk to sumone!

Reply to peppa
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/06/03

charge him with molesting you.even if he doesnt get put in jail other people will be weary to leave there kids with this monster. He is a filthy man. you were innnocent and you did nothing wrong. please dont let this man get the better of you. Let people lnow what he did. this way you will be able to resolve some issues and people will be aware of this child preditor.

Reply to almost mad

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.