Question
Posted by: G | 2004/10/11

Moles

Hi There

My friend told me that you can have your moles burned off just like warts. Since Melonoma cancer is in my familie, is it better to have them all cut out and tested, trust that the docter can make the right judgement, go to a dermitalogist rather then a GP. And does the burn off thing make less scares and do they grow back, not a thread in the sun any more after they are burnded off?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks

G

G, the problem with burning/freezing off a mole in a person with a family history of cancer is that you destroy the evidence. Freezing will leave less of a scar than burning, but burning may sometimes leave an uglier scar than cutting it out. The best would be to see a good dermatologist and follow his advice. Good luck.