Posted by: Natz | 2009/07/08

Molar Pregnancy

Hi there

I had a Partial Molar pregnancy Nov 2008. My HCG levels have been negative now since March 2009. Am dying to try to conceive again...thought we could maybe try again in my next cycle (mid July ). That would be 4 and a half months into my follow up. Do you think that is safe or should I wait longer? My gynae says she thinks its safe now as all seems well but after doing much research i see many contradictions. Some say a 6 month wait...others say go ahead now if its been an uncomplicated Molar....

Any advice/ opinions?

Thank u!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Natz

My advise would be to wait atleast 6 months before attempting another pregnancy so that one is absolutely certain that there is no resurgence in the growth of the abnormal placental tissue which maybe an indication of a more serious condition called Choriocarcinoma.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.