Question
Posted by: Buddy | 2006/10/30

"moffie"

Hi All,
No, this is not about hate speech, but the most wonderfull book that I have read.Title: Moffie. It is about a gay man in the SADF. But I would say any man's story in the SADF, only he had the most wonderfull relationships!!!!! And a GOOD ending - other than Brokeback

Cheers!

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Buddy and thanks for this post.

Glad you enjoyed the book. There are countless stories of gay life, and indeed MSM relationships, in the SADF that need to be told.

We need to claim the word "moffie" back from the straights and not be afraid of it - it really can't hurt us. Many gay men in America started using the word "queer" themselves, which took away its insulting and derogatory content when used by straights. What's your *sigh* about, Rade?

1
Posted by: Rade | 2006/10/31

*sigh*

Reply to Rade