Question

moet ek worry?

Ek het van die 1ste June af begin gym. Van 5-6 in die aande Maan tot Dond. Ek cardio baie en ook teen 'n hoë spoed en ek doen circuit training 15van elk en op 'n redelike swaar gewig. Eks 'n vrou en was vir die afgelope 2jaar baie onfiks het net verlede jaar Des so bietjie home gym gedoen. Ek is 1.73m lank en weeg 100kg. My vraag is nou net hoekom raak en nie styf nie...almal by die werk sê vir my ek doen my oef nie reg nie ek MOET styf wees. My bene is wel seer as ek trappe klim. Is dit normaal of moet ek dit met 'n gym instructor opneem?
Dankie

Hi Anon
You don’t HAVE to get sore muscles to see benefits. Usually, the muscles only become stiff and sore when you start training. So maybe in June, when you went for the first week, you felt some pain? But once your muscles adapt to the training, then you don’t get stiff. You get tired, yes, and you’ve said that you do have some pain and fatigue when you climb stairs. But all in all, you don’t HAVE TO get stiff. Just out of curiosity, how do you feel when you finish training? Do you feel reasonably good, or are you very tired? How do you feel at the end of doing 15 lifts of each of the circuit machines? If you feel tired and it feels to you that you are working very hard, then I’d say you’re on the right track. If not, then perhaps you can find a way to increase intensity slightly. But one thing that does happen is that as you get fitter, you will be more able to push hard. When you start training, it’s quite hard to push, and once your body gets a bit stronger, then you start to find that you can push harder, and maybe that’s what you will see next. But I think you’re on the right track, I wouldn’t worry too much, unless you do feel that you could be training harder.