Question
Posted by: Chantel | 2005/07/06

Mixing of meds

I take 0.05mg elthroxin daily for multi nodular thyroid, i will stop taking it once the nodules have all shrunk which they are shrinking. I also need to take 60 mg prednisone for a month due to neurological problems, would these two drugs interfere with each other? i saw something on the google site that it could but could not understand the jargon used but mention was made about thyroid meds and prednisone, pls investigate and let me know if its safe to take them both, if the elthroxin is going to interfere i would rather stop using it for the month and contine after the cortizone treatment.

Chantel, I doubt that taking the two together will have serious side effects, but you can ask your neurologist if you want to make 100% sure. Good luck.