Question
Posted by: Vinny | 2004/12/15

Missing time

I think there is something wrong with my head. About a month ago I walked out of GAME with a DVD in my hand that I can't remember even picking up. It was still in the security sleeve and I didn't pay for it (obviously) and thank God the alarms didn't go off! I only noticed it in my hand about half an hour later when I was well away from the shop. I was very shocked. I took it back. Then, today I noticed that there is a plant missing out of my fish tank. It was quite a big plant and I'd been watching it for some time as it grew, but today, when I wanted to clean the tank, the plant was gone. The only explanation I can think of is that I removed it myself but I can't remember doing it. No one else lives with me or has the key to my flat. I'm getting a bit worried that my brain is scrambled.

I know this sounds stupid - even funny, but if I'm doing things that I'm not aware of, surely something must be wrong.

What should I do?

Vinny, it is definitely not funny as it might lead to serious problems. The first thing to do is to make sure it isn’t due to a drug (e.g. a sleeping pill) that you’re taking. If you’re not taking anything like that, the next step is to see a neurologist and have your memory tested objectively and take it from there. Good luck.