Question
Posted by: Cole | 2007/06/22

Missing Periods... plz read

Plz help doc, i cant get a response from the gyno... thanx

hi there... im a 24 year old woman... ive missed my period for about 4-5 months now and im getting worried... i know you gonna say what you said to the other girl... go see your doctor, if i wanted to see him i would have gone, i want to hear from you whats wrong. i had distcharge from my breasts... and i went for a sonor on my breasts... there were no lumbs or anything, everything were normal... they tested my thiroad aswell with the sonar... and he said its fine... i just need to take hormonal tests... my discharge stopped... but my periods aswell.. btw im into women and i have never slept with a man... so trust me i cant be pregnant... i even went to my doctor and he said its fine... so im going for the hormonal test... and im very active aswell i play womens rugby and took usn and all kinda suppliments ect. i had a bad neck injury and the doc gave me predisone... which is a steriod... in a way... cant that maybe be the reason why im skipping my periods, im stressing yes, but not that badly... so i cant see why it can be cos of cysts or tumors, so what is it?

Dear Cole
One can skip periods due to low weight, excessive exercise, stress, thyroid or estrogen imbalances. Sometimes benign ovarian cysts can also influence your periods. Cortisone can also affect your female hormone balance, but it is normally not a crisis - just try and find the cause and treat that.