Question
Posted by: W | 2008/01/03

Missing period

Over the past 24 months my period has been eratic, I have been to my gynae and have been told that I am ovulating my period is to follow but then nothing comes. I visited another gynae and was given tablets to make the period come and then my period was normal for about 5 months and then nothing again. Please advise if I should get more tablets or any other action.

I would suggest that you be screened for PCOS. It sounds like you are not ovulating regularly. The treatment will depend on whether or not you are planning a baby at this stage.