Question
Posted by: libby | 2007/06/20

missed periods

I'm 28yrs old.I've been on nordette from nov05 but stopped because my husband and I want to start a family.My last period started on the 29th of April and I haven't had my period since then.On the 7th of june I had some pink spotting which only lasted for one day. I did a pregnancy test and it was negative.Also my nipples are very sensitive and I had a few dizy spells over the last few days.Sometimes it feels as though my period is going to start because I get light cramps that is familiar but nothing has happened yet.Did I do the pregnancy test too soon or could something else be wrong?

Dear Libby
No I think you should see your GP or a gyne - they need to do a beta HCG blood test and a sonar of the uterus. You should not have no periods after stopping Nordette normally.

1

I would suggesting waiting another 2 weeks or so and do another pregnancy test or go to the doc and have a blood test for pregnancy done. That would be your best best and you wouldnt have to wait to long to find out the results plus its more accurate than a hpt.