Question
Posted by: Liesel | 2007/04/17

Missed period - test negative

I was supose to have my period 1 April nothing has happened yet (I am still on the pill) I had menstrual pains a week prior to aApril and almost 2 weeks afterwards, nothing now. Did home pregnancy test was negative - went to doctor did blood test yesterday 16 April-also negative. Now the doctor said I must come back in 48 hours, what do you advise? I almost feel like waiting to see what happens with my next period. The doctor did test for an infection but I do not have any infections. What is the possibility of both tests being negative and me being pregnant? I have never skipped a month before.

It is very unlikely that you are pregnant with a negative blood test. the Pill sometimes thins out the womb lining so that you do not bleed. It would be reasonable to wait and see what happens next month. If nothing happens you will need further investigations to exclude cysts, etc.

1
Posted by: Karen | 2007/04/17

HI Liesel
I am just as confused. I have missed my period now, almost 2 months late. My husband and I are trying to conceive since 3 March. Done two hpt-negative and now a blood test on Saturday-negative. Have you only seen a GP or Gynae? I would also be interested to know what the Gynaedoc says/recommends. Best wishes

Reply to Karen