Question
Posted by: Lulu | 2005/11/22

Missed period, negative home pregnancy test

Is it possible to miss a period and have a negative home test. it is 5 days late, and am getting worried because a condom broke a week after my last period however i took the emergency contraceptive pill.

Pls advise on what could be wrong.

Dear Lulu

Yes it is possible to miss a period and have a negative pregnancy test . It is possible also that the use of the emergency contraceptive pill is responsible for the delay of your period. I would advice that should you not see your menstrual period within the next week that you visit your gynaecologist to exclue the possibility of an ovarian cyst.