Question
Posted by: bee123 | 2008/02/04

Missed Period?

hi, im 24 and i have missed my period for 35 days now, i did a test the first one came out blank and the second one was negative, what does this mean?
i went to my doc 2 months ago and she thought i had PCOS and sent me for tests but they came up negative and i have been off the pill for almost a year now could that be whats causing my late periods?
i dont really have any symptoms, i have a slight headache, lower back pain, slight dizziness but that comes and goes and every now and then i feel a bit sick but i dont have sore breasts and the colour around the breasts has not changed!
what could be another cause for my missed period for so long???

If your doctor was thinking of PCOS as a possibility, then it may be that you are not ovulating. There are other causes for this apart from PCOS. You don't say whether you have missed periods before. Have the ovulation checked.