Question
Posted by: CBB | 2005/07/27

Missed period

I skipped my pill on the day i had sex , i realize the next morning so i took the two pills together. My period only started one day later, is that normal, am i pregnant.
I am on triphazil.
Thank You.

If you took the Pill within 12 hours, you are safe. The bleeding may have been breakthrough bleeding from the missed pill. If you took the two pills more than 12 hours after the usual time, you should carry on as usual but miss the placebos this month. This is all in the package insert of the Pill.

1
Posted by: Abigail | 2005/07/27

Hi there,

Chances are very slim though. It's often a misconception that missing a pill (esp thriphazil) will lead to pregnancy. On the contrary, what it does is it actually delay's ovulation hence your cycle a bit longer...

Reply to Abigail