Question
Posted by: gamu | 2005/06/28

missed my period but tested negative

i have had a regular cycle for the past 6months and my last peiod was on the 20th of may and my period is late. Of late i've been salivating too much, feeling nauseous most of te time, vomiting in the morning and experiencing mild headache. Today i did a pregnancy test in the morning it was negative. i thought i could be pregnant but now i am confused.

Do the blood test to be sure, but other things such as cysts and stress can cause missed periods.

5
Posted by: Mariloo | 2005/06/29

Hi Gamu

I so understand! And I'm so greatful to hear I'm not the only one going through the same thing. I did two home tests and a blood test - all negative. Yet all the symptoms persist and my period is late by six days. (I never had a late period before)
I have spoken to my ginea who gave me some hope.
Apparently there are two types of blood tests. The one is kwalitative - where it only says positive or negative. (Also the one my GP asked for). My ginea said if nothing happens in five days, I need to do a kwantitative test which shows your hormone levels. If there is some form of escalation in the levels it could be a pregnancy. He also said most GP's only do the first test mentioned, which can often be a false result. So hang in there!! There is hope!!

Kind regards
Mariloo

Reply to Mariloo
Posted by: tash | 2005/06/29

My friend tested positive three weeks after period was due. I dont know much about cysts, but nausea, vomiting and late period sounds like symptoms. I hope for your sake (if u want to be) that it is positive as there are so many sad stories going around.
Let us know
x

Reply to tash
Posted by: red rose | 2005/06/29

Dear Gamu,
I was 3 weeks late but i was too afraid to confront the fact that i could be pregnant...when i convinced myself about doing one on a friday (it was monday) on wednesday my period came... however, i was very tensed and stressed and i also took some medicine...maybe they all helped to delay it
goodluck

Reply to red rose
Posted by: gamu | 2005/06/29

thanks tash, will go for a blood tes next week but i am really scared o test negaive. Your freind, did she eventually tsted positive. But is it possible tha cysts can make one feel like you are pregnant and miss your peiod. i'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Reply to gamu
Posted by: tash | 2005/06/28

maybe you tested too early. A friend of mine tested negative two weeks after her period was due. A blood test is the only way.

Reply to tash