Question
Posted by: Tess | 2005/07/07

missed chance?

Hi gals its my 1st time on the forum have been reading ur advice for the past week.I just hope u willbe able to help me as well.I stopped using unisterate in november in march I had ovarien cyst which was removed (c-section).Im on 28 day cycle.Day 12 was on sunday we tried but I dont know how long does the sperm "live" on tuesday(05/07) was my "ovulation" day I dont know whethere I did or not what r the sympthoms?My main concern is that on that day(05/07) hubby was out of town but now he came back on the 6.07 we tried but my main concern is how long does the egg stay alive?could it be that smthng happened last nite(or with these attemps)?Im about to turn 30 my time is running out & this is my 1st child.Please ladies help ur advice will be much appreciated(SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY)

Sperm last 3-5 days and eggs about 48 hours, so you have a chance.

7
Posted by: tess | 2005/07/07

Ladies thank u very much for the advice will certainly try every thing u suggested.Take care

Reply to tess
Posted by: Lee | 2005/07/07

Also i agree with the relaxing part. Dont stress (although i know exactly what it is like). I remember i when i was trying i thought about it all the time and stressed myself out over it when my period came. Then eventually after 3 months of trying i thought leave it im not going to bother anymore and well thats the month it happened and know i have a beautiful 7 month old little girlie.....

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Lee | 2005/07/07

No problem sweetie,

Glad to hear you are taking your folic acid. In connection with the discharge, i am not too sure. Normally its clear when you ovulate. Cervical mucus chages throughout your cycle from cloudy to clear. Cloudy muscus normally means that its not your fertile period.... The point is to just keep note of your cervical mucous and have intercourse on the right days. What you can also do is maybe do a google search and type in cervical mucous, it should bring up some useful info.

Let me know how it goes.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: S'ya | 2005/07/07

Hi Tess. I'm also new here.

Lee is correct the sperm lives for 72hrs in your body & your egg is active for 36-38hrs(stand to be corrected). I've just turned 30 myself & I've been trying for 1 yr. Relaxation did the trick for me. Forget about making a baby & concentrate on enjoying your man. I'm a 28day cycle myself around day 12 I get cramps & the discharge turns thick almost like jelly. On day 14 there 's no more pain & barely no discharge. Eat well & keep to a healthy life style. No more taebo (by the way) minimise the kicking exercise.

Paris always have the precise medical advises. She can tell u what really is correct.

Reply to S'ya
Posted by: karin | 2005/07/07

tess, welcome, lee has given wonderful advise again, i normally recommend having sex from the day you finish your period, every second day as sometimes you ovulate earlier, i have a 24-28 day cycle so some days i ovulate on day 9-11, keep all the bases covered. best of luck, i am giving it one more month, so the waiting is killing me, i can test in 8-10 days time, if neg, then we are finished.

Reply to karin
Posted by: tess | 2005/07/07

Thanx for the advice Lee I am taking the folic acid .The thing is I do check the discharge to me it looks white every time,not clear.I cought all the dust .Thanx gal..... ur reply made me feell like part of the gang!!!!

Reply to tess
Posted by: Lee | 2005/07/07

Hi there Tess,

Welcome to the forum.
Sperm normally lives for up to 72 hours. If you have a 28 day cycle, you should ovulate around day 14. That means you should have sex 2 days before and two days after ovulation just to make sure. When you are about to ovulate you will get a clear "egg white" dischrge and thats probably when you are at your most fertile. Also if you have intercourse on those days there is a 20% chance of pregnancy. Also remember once you have had intercourse tolie with your legs up or a cushion under your bum to keep the "sperm in".
I hope this info helps you if you need anything just post me i will try help as best i can.
Just remeber to start taking your folic acid.
Take care and tons of baby dust to you!!!!!

Reply to Lee