Question
Posted by: lollyxxx | 2004/11/09

MISSED ABORTION - WHAT IS IT

What exactly is a " missed abortion" and what causes that?

It is when the fetus dies in the uterus but is not expelled.
There are many causes - diabetes, SLE, poor formation of the embryo, genetic problems with the fetus

4
Posted by: Rose | 2004/11/10

I had a 'missed' misscarriage in June. What happenes is that the fetus dies, but your body does not expell it, in other workds, you don't bleed. You could walk around like that for a few weeks. That is why you would have to have a D & C, to remove everything.
My baby died because apparantly my body was not producing enough hormones to sustain the pregnancy. I conceived again two weeks after the D & C, and am now 18 weeks pregnant, everything is going well.

Reply to Rose
Posted by: Blue | 2004/11/09

I had one last year. From my research and info from my gynae - 1. sometimes it is caused by a genetic problem with the baby. they said it's nature's way of getting rid of a 'deformed' baby. When you do womb scrap/ I think this is the same as D& C which I had they take the remains of the foetos and analyse for genetinc problems. If they found anything they probably would have told you. In my case this was not the case.

2. Otherwise the cause is unknown - like in my case. some pregnancies are viable some are not.

If it makes you feel any better after I had a missed abortion I fell pregnant and everything went well. my baby is 10 months old now.

Reply to Blue
Posted by: lollyxxx | 2004/11/09

The thing is I had one last year and I never really understood wot is it and wot's the cause. I had a baby in my womb but there was no life. So, I had to do a womb scrap.

I just want to know what exactly causes this as I'm now preggies and wudn't want the same thing to happen again. I knwo the Doc told me that the chances of that epating it's self are slim but I jus wanna make sure.

Thanx

Reply to lollyxxx
Posted by: PIPS | 2004/11/09

I think u almost had a miscarrige ,but did`t miscarry.

Reply to PIPS