Question
Posted by: confused | 2006/04/16

missed abortion

I had a missed abortion after using Clomid some years ago. Therafter I had an ectopic pregnancy (also conceived on Clomid). My left tube had to be removed. My gyne did a lapscope and told me that I would be unable to conceive naturally due to damage to my remaining tube. I had IVF and fell pregnant the first time. During this pregnancy I experienced some bleeding, but gave birth. After a year (Jan 2006) I fell pregnant naturally but lost the baby again after nine weeks (missed abortion). In retrospect, I experienced some similar symptoms the first time I fell pregnant like severe itching and constant earache.
*Could these symptoms be related to the missed abortions?
*Do I have to have tests done before trying to conceive again?
*How was it possible to conceive naturally after being told that it's impossible? Was this just a once-off draw of luck (wich ended sadly) or would I be able to fall pregnant again without fertility treatment?

Earache and itching would not be related to miscarriage.
If you fell pregnant without help, it could happen again, so go ahead and try. Be sure to take folate and see your doctor as soon as you miss a period.