Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2005/11/23

Misscarriages - Sperm? HELP

hi there
my wife has had a total of 4 misscarriages over the past 2 years.
She is irregular with her period - she does get it every month but at different times.
I wouldl ike to have my sperm tested - is this a good option? Where can i have the test done?
Please help!

Dear Concerned

The problem of recurrent pregnancy losses or miscarriages centres around five main possibilities:

1. An underlying genetic origin
2. It may be associated with uterine abnormalities .
3. Result of some sort of immune disorder.
4. Could be related to infections
5. It could be as a consequence of some sort of endocrine or hormonal problem.

I would strongly recommend that investigations be conducted in most of these areas. Should you be interested in doing a sperm test, I recommend that some sort of sperm DNA investigations be done at the same time such as a CMA 3. Should the sperm analysis reveal an excess of immature DNA in the sperm, I would suggest you contact me in the future.