Posted by: Ilonka | 2008/08/05

Misguided youthful sexual experiment?

I have a relative who is accused of " molesting"  his 10-year-old sister when he was 12. There is no allegation that this has been repeated. It' s also years ago now, as he' s 24 or so. My question is: Is this most likely to have been misguided youthful experimentation, or should I be concerned that he has paedophile tendancies?

If i happened once only, and in the intervening 24 years, and the fumbling was between children of broadly the same age, this was probably unwise but not very unusual clumsy childish experimentation rather than any sign of paedophilia, nor likely to be repeated.

Posted by: John | 2008/08/05

How rude you are, Ilonka, to shout needlessly at complete strangers who are generally helpful and go out of their way to provide answers and opinions. If you are not interested in anyone else' s input, then you could have waited for the CS and simply not read the other responses? The posters here help each other and learn from each other by listening to other opinions. Perhaps you should be called Ill-mannered, instead of Il-onka.

Reply to John
Posted by: Jenny (aka Nadine) | 2008/08/05

The only reason Ilonka is saying she doesn' t care about our opinion is because we are not trained like Cybershrink. I don' t think she meant anything nasty by it. I have read replies by some people where I have thought they haven' t a clue what they are talking about and some people are just too young to give an educated reply.

Reply to Jenny (aka Nadine)
Posted by: Seconded | 2008/08/05

Yes, rather phone a counsellor or something....! Idiot.

Reply to Seconded
Posted by: Maria | 2008/08/05

Then maybe you shouldn' t post questions on a public forum, insulting people by SHOUTING at them.

Reply to Maria